We offer a range of ICT-related legal advisory services to companies including the technology industry, ranging from advice on ICT, outsourcing, licensing, internet, e-commerce, software, hardware, IP and data protection issues. The scope of our offering also includes advising on content development, technology transfer, online contracting within the traditional B2B and B2C joint ventures and transactions, high techs to start-ups.
Our purpose is to enable people and organisations navigate their way through the mazy world of the convergence between technology and law, and to clear the haze that clouds over the global and national legal landscape in ICT. Ultimately, the CQ business model is not complicated – we simply provide excellent services, within a set time-frame in a cost-effective manner.
Our team of lawyers and consultants are experienced in providing comprehensive bespoke legal solutions to our clients within the sector. Details of our services include the following:
Legal Opinion and Compliance
We provide legal opinion and compliance advice relating to ICT legislation, policy and legislative developments in any of the following focus areas:
- Online Privacy and Data Protection
- Data Retention
- Data Destruction
- Employee Data Protection
- Online Contracts
- Artificial Intelligence
- Drones and the Law
- Compliance with Data Protection Act 2012
- Compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
CQ Legal supports you and your company in the following:
- Understanding Ghana’s Cybersecurity architecture and policies;
- Understanding the provisions of cybercrime in the Electronic Transactions Act 2008 and related regulations;
- Enables you and your company understand the legal implications that the Budapest Convention on Cybercrime has on your company;
- Defining and describing the nature and scope of cybercrime;
- Gaining knowledge of major incidents of cybercrime and their resulting impact;
- Analysing and discussing national and global cyber security law enforcement efforts;
- Highlighting specific laws and policies governing cybercrime detection and prosecution;
- Critically evaluating the impact of cybercrime on your company.
Electronic (Online) Contracts
- Understanding the meaning, advantages and importance of electronic contracts;
- Recognising the importance and competitive advantages of (digital) electronic signatures;
- Assisting you in giving due consideration to consumer protection legislation which may be applicable.
- Understanding what is meant by information security;
- Realising that information security is important;
- Recognising how people are the weakest components in any security system;
- Fully appreciate how issues of privacy affect information security;
- Identifying the consequences of security breaches;
- Recognising the importance of everybody playing their part;
- Realising the importance of following information security related policies in the workplace.