Technology, Cyberspace, Privacy and Artificial Intelligence Law
Technology permeates every area of modern life and CQ Legal has the knowledge, skills, and experience to provide the most current and comprehensive advice in one of the most diverse and quickly evolving areas of the law. Our lawyers offer a range of ICT-related legal advisory services to companies including the technology industry, ranging from advice on ICT, outsourcing, licensing, compliance with Privacy and Data Protection regulations, internet, e-commerce, software and Intellectual Property issues.
The scope of our offering also includes advising on content development, technology transfer, online contracting within the traditional B2B and B2C joint ventures and transactions, high techs to start-ups.
Our understanding of the relevant law allows us to not only protect our clients, but also helps us find workable solutions that keep our clients ahead of the competition.
Ultimately, the CQ business model is not complicated – we simply provide excellent services, within a set time-frame in a cost-effective manner.
Our team of lawyers and consultants are experienced in providing comprehensive bespoke legal solutions to our clients within the sector. Details of our services include the following:
Legal Opinion and Compliance
We provide legal opinion and compliance advice relating to ICT legislation, policy and legislative developments in any of the following focus areas:
- Online Privacy and Data Protection
- Employee Data Protection
- Online Contracts
- Artificial Intelligence
- Drones and the Law
- Compliance with Data Protection Act 2012
- Compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Understanding and complying with Ghana’s Cybersecurity architecture and policies;
- Understanding the provisions of cybercrime in the Electronic Transactions Act 2008 and related regulations;
- Data security policies and preparedness and measures to reduce related risks;
- Analysing and discussing national and global cyber security law enforcement efforts;
- Litigating data security-related lawsuits involving intellectual property, trade secrets, privacy violations disclosures of personally identifiable information, and other data breach claims;
- Highlighting specific laws and policies governing cybercrime detection and prosecution;
- Negotiating provisions of merger and acquisition agreements related to privacy and cybersecurity;
- Critically evaluating the impact of cybercrime on your company.
Electronic (Online) Contracts
- Understanding the meaning, advantages and importance of electronic contracts;
- Recognising the importance and competitive advantages of (digital) electronic signatures;
- Assisting you in giving due consideration to consumer protection legislation which may be applicable.
Finding new ways to help clients identify solutions and new business opportunities, across industries, is at our core. We are, at times, more than lawyers, we are advisers bringing new ideas to light. We understand what keeps you up at night and work collaboratively to find practical and creative solutions, at the heart of business.